Olympiads are subject specific competitive exams held at various stages at different times of the year. The exams help a student get a better idea of where they stand amongst peers of the same educational level. The tests are put in place to bring out the competitive streak of the student, to help them stand out and to make a distinct impression in the place where they choose to make a stand, in any field of their choice.
The Indian Talent Olympiad organizes various Olympiads throughout the nation to benefit the students and to provide them encouragement and acknowledgement for their hard work. English is one of the most commonly and frequently used languages globally, so for students who look forward to developing their skills pertaining to the language. The EIO is the way to go. The English International Olympiad aims to test the students grasp on various aspects of the language including the grammar and comprehension. The exam is put together to allow students to learn and develop their understanding as they prepare for the exam and improve upon existing concepts. If you are looking forward to participating and performing well in the English International Olympiad, these are the eight tips that can prove to be beneficial to you:
1. Practice and revision: Dedicated practice is the key to success. It's a habit a student should strive to develop in order to perform well in any exam as well as all Olympiads. Keeping this very factor in mind and to further facilitate students' experience in learning and growth, the Indian Talent Olympiad has put together a variety of resources that can be easily availed from the official website of ITO. Workbooks, compilation of previous year question papers, model test papers, sample papers, all of these have been made available for the student to use for practice as well as revision after, the use of these resources greatly help to consolidate their basic understanding and grasp on the associated subject.
2. Make a schedule: Pre planning of actions and fixing up a schedule, to allot a specific time slot to a set of designated activities helps one to keep themselves engaged and help pace themselves keeping one from overworking or being overwhelmed. Work should be divided into slots with gaps in between to keep one invested in a productive way for a longer period of time.
3. Know the syllabus: The syllabus of the Olympiads organized by the Indian Talent Olympiad are made to correspond to the students' grade and associated syllabus, despite which all are advised to be well aware and check the syllabus of the subject on the official ITO website to get a proper idea of the relevant topic and related questions.
4. Understanding, focusing and relaxing: Students tend to easily get overwhelmed by the pressure of exams, hence it is advised that they take breaks between two continuous stretches of study time, it helps one's mind retain information better. One should also try to maintain focus on their work within the allotted time without any distractions. Indulging in relaxing activities during breaks also helps retain subject matter better. In the process of things, one should avoid overworking themselves as well.
5. Know the question paper pattern: The students when practicing with the help of provided resources they get a basic idea of things like- marks distribution, question pattern and question types, one can make use of this to keep themselves prepared accordingly and relevantly.
6. Solve previous years' question papers: Solving previous year question papers, helps and individual familiarize themselves with the probable variety of questions, one can use these to keep in touch with regular practice and it serves to ease one worries about the question types, the more the variety of questions, the more exposure one is provided, the more are the chances of them confidently facing familiar questions adding to the performance quality.
7. Make quick/ flash notes: Flash notes are good for revision and recapitulation. These help students retain the information better and for longer periods of time. It is in the process of making notes that students also focus and retain the important points, reading along with writing, further aids long term retention of information. These aid in the quick revisions of important topics and can always be reused to keep in touch and freshen up topics of associated subjects.
8. Time management: One needs to keep a track of time when appearing for an exam. The number of correctly solved questions in the given time count for improved performance in an exam. It leads to a better score, and improves one's standing, requiring much patience and practice to develop, it’s a much valued skill to have. Students not only face challenging questions but also have to maintain accuracy and time hence these factors hand in hand play a great role to determine the final outcomes of a test. It is hence advised that one dedicates constant effort in the form of practice with a defined strategy to keep pace with the progress and prevent last-minute panic, it also benefits revision and provides scopes for further improvement.
So there are the much required tips that we had to share and hope that it helps you prepare well for the Olympiads. ITO organizes various Olympiads based on different subjects throughout the nation .For the past eight years, the organization has worked with thousands of schools and millions of students to provide them proper educational resources , an opportunity to grow, learn and showcase their talent and encourage them to keep trusting their skill and valuing their efforts, to further inspire them there are exciting rewards based upon merit rewarding them for it more details associated to it can be found on the official website of the Indian Talent Olympiads. The registrations for the EIO are now open. Our warmest of regards and best of wishes to all.
Online Olympiad Registration | Olympiad Exam Registration 2022 | Apply for Olympiad Exam | Student Annual School Olympiad Registration | Olympiad Mock Test & Olympiad Trial Test | Online Olympiad | Olympiad Student Test | Online Olympiad Power Pack | Online Olympiad Monthly Series | School Olympiad Brochure | Monthly Online Olympiad Brochure | Olympiad Exam Schedule | Monthly Online Olympiad Schedule | Olympiad 2022 Key Dates Schedule Exam Pattern and Benefit | School Olympiad Notice Board | Olympiad Exam Guidelines | How To Prepare For Olympiad Exam | Olympiad Meaning | Use of Olympiad Exams | Olympiad Results | Olympiad Sample Papers | Olympiad Exam Participation | Olympiad Downloads | Olympiad Exam Pattern | Monthly Olympiad Guidelines | Online Olympiad Exam Schedule | Last Date of Olympiad Registration | Monthly Olympiad Syllabus | Tips to become Olympiad Genius | How to become successful in Olympiad | Preparation Guide for Olympiad | Science Olympiad Foundation Course | Olympiad Helper Material |