Olympiad exams are organised to provide students with an opportunity to shine bright for their hard work and merit. The Indian Talent Olympiad has been conducting Olympiads all across the nation for students of classes 1 to 10. ITO works with an aim to cater to the varying interest of the students which is why it has been organising and a variety of Olympiads for the student to participate in, depending upon their interest. It offers eight different Olympiads:
• International Science Olympiad (ISO)
• International Maths Olympiad (IMO)
• English International Olympiad (EIO)
• General Knowledge International Olympiad (GKIO)
• International Computer Olympiad (ICO)
• International Drawing Olympiad (IDO)
• National Essay Olympiad (NESO)
• National Social Studies Olympiad (NSSO)
The organisation strives to provide the students with only the best of educational resources so that they not only learn but retain information for a longer time. Some benefits of participating in an Olympiad are:
• The Olympiad exams are planned in a way such that students get to maximize their learning benefit and have an engaging experience.
• The practice and effort involved help the students develop in their ways as they prepare to compete in future examinations and excel in them.
• The Olympiads help develop and discover a child’s skills and interests.
• It adds to their understanding and aids academics.
• Students learn the importance of time management.
• The exams and related practices help students develop a suitable exam strategy.
• It adds to their reasoning ability, improves accuracy, adds to their understanding, sharpens one's mind and much more.
Thus, the students have much to gain from these tests but in recent years it has been seen that various myths related to these exams have cropped up, which makes one reluctant to participate in the test, so here we are trying to bust these myths and provide the students with a better idea of what the exam entails and what are its associated aims and benefits. Some of the most common myths related to Olympiad exams are:
• Olympiad exams require lots of time and preparation: Participating in any exam requires time as well as preparation but the amount of time and effort that is put into an examination depends upon the way one chooses to prepare. The Indian Talent Olympiads offer a plethora of preparatory resources to help the students learn in the best, easiest and most lucid way possible so that they also score more and understand better. The resources put out by ITO have been compiled in a way such that they benefit the students and help them manage their time and learning better. All exams require dedication hence one has to put in effort but it is also suggested that having a proper routine with a proper idea of time and related schedule greatly helps manage time better thereby allowing students to improve, it is suggested that one invest 1-2 hours with a proper strategy and focus on the task at hand and one is good to go.
• The Olympiad exams are only for the smartest people: One of the most common myths about the exam. The Olympiads held by the Indian Talent Olympiad are for anyone who has a relative interest in the respective subject. It is open to all students of classes one and 1 to 10. One of the very basic aims of the Olympiads happens to be making the students aware of various opportunities that their field offers and helping them develop and grow an interest in the subject of their choice. Hence Olympiad is not only for the smartest of people but it is also for those who are interested in the subject, anybody can participate in an Olympiad and learn and grow in the process all the while exploring their interests. The exams are based on understanding and the practical approaches of various topics hence, anyone who understands well and puts in the effort can do well in the exam.
• Olympiads always require careful and strict guidance: Preparation for the Olympiads varies from person to person hence choosing to seek professional guidance also depends upon the choice of an individual, choosing to appear for the examination calls for guidance and one can always seek it in the form of educational resources many of which have been put on by the ITO itself in form of model test papers, question paper compilations, online tests, video classes and much more compiled to facilitate a student’s preparation for the examination.
• To participate in an examination one needs to cover a lot of topics out of their syllabus and study a lot of books: While participation in any exam calls for one’s dedicated practice, learning and steady progress, the syllabus for all exams held by the Indian Talent Olympiad are aligned with the student's educational board and their academic level, it causes them to learn better about the topics within their syllabus, all the while helping them prepare for regular academics as well. The team at ITO works to ensure that students of any educational board find the resources beneficial, to make it a better learning experience for them. Also instead of just limiting themselves to books, one can opt for video learning classes to have a better and impactful impression. As mentioned before, one needs to develop a good understanding of their topic and its practical application to perform well in the examination. One can also head to ITO’s blogs to seek more guidance regarding the same.
• One can excel in the exam even with last-minute preparations: No exam can ever be aced with last-minute preparation and cramming of information without understanding. Anyone appearing for competitive exams must start preparing for the same from the very start, procrastinating regarding the same only cause a decline in the student’s grade.
We hope that this information helps you better understand the Olympiad exams and you find yourself less intimidated by the idea of appearing for the same.
Our best wishes and warm regards!
Want direct support? contact 1800 266 9192
Queries can also be mailed at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Online Olympiad Registration | Olympiad Exam Registration 2023 | Apply for Olympiad Exam | Student Annual School Olympiad Registration | Olympiad Mock Test & Olympiad Trial Test | Online Olympiad | Olympiad Student Test | Online Olympiad Monthly Series | School Olympiad Brochure | Monthly Online Olympiad Brochure | Olympiad Exam Schedule | Monthly Online Olympiad Schedule | Olympiad 2023 Key Dates Schedule Exam Pattern and Benefit | School Olympiad Notice Board | Olympiad Exam Guidelines | How To Prepare For Olympiad Exam | Olympiad Meaning | Use of Olympiad Exams | Olympiad Results | Olympiad Sample Papers | Olympiad Exam Participation | Olympiad Downloads | Olympiad Exam Pattern | Monthly Olympiad Guidelines | Online Olympiad Exam Schedule | Last Date of Olympiad Registration | Monthly Olympiad Syllabus | How to become successful in Olympiad | Preparation Guide for Olympiad |