- What Are Olympiad Exams?
The Olympiad Exams are competitive exams held at the school level. Students from class 1 to class 10 participate in these exams. These exams are held at the National & International Level, and therefore gives a big platform to the students to showcase their talent and skills. Olympiad Exams promote the learning and problem solving skills in the subject like Science, Math, Computer Technology, and General Knowledge. It also helps to improve the language skills and fill the young minds with ample knowledge of words. It helps to determine the real potential of a child that may aid him / her to survive in the modern competitive world. Olympiad not on focuses on enhancing the knowledge but also concentrates on the areas the student lacking in and encourage students to improve in that area by analyzing their strengths and weaknesses.
- Benefits of Olympiad Examinations for students –
- They are suitable to check the abstract understanding of a student.
- They help in upgrading the problem solving skills of the students, which helps them to think rationally.
- As these competitive are conducted at the huge level, the competition level increases. These exams help in boosting the confidence level of the child and prepares him / her for future competitions.
- Students get an early exposure to the competitive atmosphere.
- Academic performance of a student is improved as these exams enhances their thinking and learning ability.
- Olympiad awards and special recognitions keep them motivated and stay encouraged.
- How to prepare for Olympiad Exams –
Now many of the students and parents have the question that how to prepare for Olympiad Exams along with their academic studies. Here are some useful tips which will help students to prepare for the Olympiad Exams in a correct way and achieve good scores.
- Examine the syllabus is the first step of preparation. Students need to first understand the syllabus before starting the preparation for the exam. This helps to maintain studying strategy accordingly. You can refer Olympiad Books which gives the clear idea about the syllabus.
- Plan a proper study timetable and make sure you stick to it. Make time for every subject and schedule a time to practice on the areas you lack in. This helps in achieving your target effectively.
- Learn to manage time required to solve single question and plan your time management strategy respectively.
- Start your preparation early and make yourself ready for the exams.
- Revise the concepts you have already learned as this will help you to strengthen your knowledge.
- Move on to the next topic only when you are thoroughly done with the current topic.
Organizations conducting Olympiad Exams has made Olympiad Workbooks available for the students to help them prepare for the examination.
- How Olympiad Books Help Students in Preparation?
Books play an important role in building the knowledge. Students are made to read books right from the young age so that the develop the habit of reading and get to know what is happening around the world. Books are the best friends because they provide abundant of knowledge and inspires to overcome failures. We need books to learn different concepts and take notes of important topics. Books have now become a vital part in our day to day life.
Similarly, there are books for Olympiads too. These books are made available to students who are appearing for Olympiad competitive exams. These books help student participate in Olympiad Exams by helping them in several ways. Indian Talent Olympiad one of the leading Olympiad conductor designs these Olympiad books in a reader friendly manner. Since, students from class 1 to 10 take part in Olympiad Examinations; it is important to make students understand the concept in an easy and innovative way and therefore these books are constructed under the supervision of the subject experts. The concept of these books gradually increases with the class and follows the updated syllabus of the school board. Olympiad books consists questions in the form of MCQ. Logical explanation for each question along with the answer key is given so that the child can check his / her knowledge and improve the areas he / she lacks in. Since there are no questions out of the syllabus, it becomes easy for a child to grasp thing fast. Academic performance is also improved as the Olympiads allows a child to face competition and therefore a child takes more effort in polishing up his / her existing knowledge. These books eliminate the efforts that are taken to search for the right study material. It helps students focus on their goal and reduces the time they spend in referring number of other books.